Writer: Megan duBois

Jacksonville Fla.,- The defending South Division Champions, Jacksonville Sharks added two new players Thursday. 

Defensive lineman, Rashaad Duncan signed a two-year contract with the team, but details were not discussed per team policy. Standing 6'3 and 330 pounds, 26-year-old Duncan has been with the Sharks previously in 2011. With an injury at training camp in 2012, Duncan was out for the season. 

Duncan has also had time in the NFL with the Washington Redskins prior to signing with the Sharks in 2011. In 2009, Duncan signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers as an undrafted free agent. He played on the practice squads of Tampa, Carolina, and Buffalo in 2009. He spent all of 2010 in Buffalo. 

Thursday also brought the resign of defensive back Micheaux Robinson, (5'9, 185) on a two-year contract. 

Robinson is to start his fifth year in the Arena Football Leauge and fourth year with the Sharks. Robinson started the 2012 season with the Philadelphia Soul before being traded to the Sharks mid-season.  

Robinson is one of the original Sharks players that has been with the team since its origin in 2010. He is the Sharks all-time leader in tackles and interceptions, with 224.5 and 23, respectively. 

Beginning his career in 2007 with the Orlando Predators, Robinson has also played in the af2 league, and spent time in the CFL with the Montreal Alouettes. 

© Megan duBois 2013

Views: 134

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good Moves by the Sharks lots of players with success with us are back in the picture.   I saw comments from some fans today how they Like the Voodoo to win the South.  The Sharks are Loaded I cannot see how this is not a Final 4 Team at worst

The sharks are loaded on defense, but I feel the offense needs some work.  It will be interesting to see how they play out.  

I actually went out to practice today, and everyone looked decent. For the first day being in full pads for the team, they all seemed to gel pretty well. The offense could use some work, but that is what practice is for. As for defense, they were great, though there were some players that didn't take constructive criticism well. We shall see in the coming days how the team works together. 

This is just a dangerous place for an AFL team.  Kansas City had a great defense last year, but that was overlooked because the offense was nowhere to be seen.  

I would hate to see Jax fall into the same pit.  There is such a strong and passionate fan base there.  An anemic offense can suck the life out of a building.  

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by Slasher.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service