Here is your 1st glimpse at the 2013 ball.  Tell us your thoughts.

Views: 490

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Liked the lighter color and blue best. The white is just nothing special. If using basic football colors just take the stripe off.

meh, they need to go back to the two tone Wilson footballs...

I fine with it. The standard football look with the AFL stripe they've had for years.

Gotta say, I liked the tan/blue stripe footballs better.

They were a more distinct football, for a more distinct game of football!

I had season tickets for the Portland Prowlers of the IPFL back in 2000.  The IPFL used a pure white ball with gold lettering.  That ball was visable at all times.  The light ball with the blue stripe that the AFL adopted was good, but a white ball, used in an indoor arena, is much better.  The brown ball with the white stripe won't show up any better than a regular NFL ball....

At this point, I am not sure it is anything more than a marketing thing.  But I did like that the light colored ball was unique to the AFL.  It was also cool when Pop Warner Football started using the same ball.  

Yes I did like the white IPFL balls. I still have one. I would like to know if a player thinks it is easier to see a lighter ball? I think they look better, but like Slasher said...is it a gimick, or actually useful to players?

On a semi related note, I just got one of the old 2-tone balls off ebay the other day.  

I didn't realize they had a season with those with the new AFL shield on there.

smh...

Slasher said:

On a semi related note, I just got one of the old 2-tone balls off ebay the other day.  

I didn't realize they had a season with those with the new AFL shield on there.

They should go back to the two-toned ball from before.  The stripe is nothing more that a decoration.  Makes it kinda look like the old XFL ball.  Bring back the two-toned ball.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by Slasher.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service